Beechcliffe School is a co-educational, community special school catering for pupils aged 11 to 19 years who have a wide range of Special Educational Needs.
Some of our pupils have complex health and medical needs and some pupils may exhibit challenging behaviours.
We have pupils who will spend all of their school life and beyond dependent upon some form of support and help, and others who go on to lead more independent lives.
Beechcliffe School moved into a new purpose built building in May 2011.
The school is co-located with a mainstream secondary school.
The school currently has well equipped classrooms some of which are fitted with over-head hoists to make them fully accessible to all our pupils.
We have many specialist facilities and these include:-
• A purpose built Food Technology room.
• A specialist Art and Design room.
• A Music room
• Two fully equipped sensory rooms
• A multi-sensory rebound area
• A hydrotherapy pool
• A fully equipped ICT area
• Dedicated medical rooms for clinics
• Two rented allotments which are used by pupils throughout the year.
If you would like to view more information about our school please Click here to view the full prospectus.
If you would like to arrange a visit please do not hesitate to speak to Nicola Poole or Amy Brewster in the school office.